Parents and guardians provide good support and encouragement to their children whilst participating in the Martial Arts at our Academy.
We encourage you to become more involved in your child’s training, to understand what they are doing and to help them in their practice.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and work within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants/coaches/staff/parents and carers regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in a Martial Art.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ and coaches’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their Martial Art.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Leave the coaching to the coaches.
- Don’t come onto the mats uninvited.
- Please make sure mobile phones are turned off during your child’s session.
- Noise in the waiting area distracts from the class in progress both for the coaches and also for the participants, please keep conversation low and if younger children become too noisy, please take them out of the room.
- Accompanying children must be supervised at all times and not left unattended.
- Please drop off and collect your child in a timely manner
- Younger children must be escorted between the centre and your car.