Is one of your goals in 2017 to learn a Martial Art from scratch or to take it up once again after a ‘lay off’ of a few years or more?
This beginners course will carefully and progressively teach you about the art of Judo. Starting Thursday 20th February at 19:30.
Find out more about our special offer
During the 8 weeks beginners course you will learn a number of the fundamental skills of Judo. We will start with Ukemi – which is how to safely land to prevent injuries.
You will also learn another part of the Judo which is groundwork, we’ll teach you how to work with a partner and learn hold downs such as Kesa-gatame, Mune-gatame, Tate-shiho-gatame, Kami-shiho-gatame plus we’ll practice how to escape from those hold downs.
The final part of the jigsaw that we will work on during the beginners course will cover standing throws including O-soto-gari, O-uchi-gari, Tai-otoshi, and Ippon-seoi-nage, initially using a safety mat until you gain your confidence. In addition throughout the beginners course we’ll work to improve your fitness levels and flexibility.
If you want to learn a Martial Art, then Shin Gi Tai Martial Arts Academy is the place to come to!
To give you some ideas about our credentials
- Karate, Kung Fu, Judo, Tai Chi Ju Jitsu and MMA are all taught at Shin Gi Tai – Why be restricted to learning only one Martial Art? With us you can learn many different skills.
- We are adept at developing everyone regardless of age, body type, flexibility or strength. There is no reason why you can’t be good at Martial Arts with our skilled coaches teaching you. One of our key focus points is personalisation of techniques and skills to suit the individual.
- Our coaches have received the following external endorsements:
- Basingstoke and Deane Sportswomen of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015
- Basingstoke and Deane Professional Sports Coach 2012 and 2015
- As a Club we have received the following endorsements:
- British Judo Association Club of the Year 2016
- Hampshire County Council 2016 Olympic Legacy club of the year
- Hampshire and IOW Sports Club of the Year 2011
- Basingstoke and Deane Sports Club of the Year – 2010 and 2015
- Sport England Clubmark Accredited – Quality Kitemark – 2010 – 2018
The bottom line for you is that we can help you get fitter, develop better flexibility and core functional strength. At the same time whilst learning skillful Martial Arts techniques as part of our proven structured syllabus.
Our professional and fully qualified coaches will help you to achieve your goals.
Call us on 01256 364104 to book your course.
If you are aged between 14-25, Energise Me supported by Sport England are providing funding to help you get into Sport.
the cost of the 8 week course is only £25. This includes FREE Membership and Insurance to the British Judo Association. After your first four lessons you will also receive a complimentary Judo Uniform. The cost of the 8 week course, membership, Insurance and Judo Uniform is worth £163. You save £138 paying only £25.
If you are aged over 26 years old, the cost of the 8 week course is only £49. This includes FREE Membership and Insurance to the British Judo Association. After your first four lessons you will also receive a complimentary Judo Uniform. The cost of the 8 week course, membership, Insurance and Judo Uniform is worth £163. You save £114 paying only £49.
If you pay the full cost of the course before Friday 17th February we will also include a free T Shirt. Book your place here